Cherag 101: Course questions 25 through 30
Section XV:THE MESSAGE IN OUR TIME
Chaplain's Committee Exercise, #2, #3, #4, #5, #7 and #8
You have been corresponding with a person, Ben, in prison, and have visited him several times during the past year. Recently, he asked if you would be willing to come into the prison and conduct a class on the teachings of the Sufi Order International and lead a Universal Worship Service. You have experience in these areas and feel that Ben and his friends are sincere. The fimal step in the approval procedure is your appearance before the Chaplain's committee, which is composed of representatives of all the various religious groups active in the prison. The representatives run the gamut of religious perspectives. You are invite
25) "What is the relationship between the Sufi Order International and the Message?"
26) "Are you sure that what you call the Message is not just a mixing together of what religions have said in the past?"
27) "I don't understand what you mean by 'the awakening of the consciousness of humanity to the divinity of man'. Just what do you mean by that? Are you saying that God and man are the same?"
28) "I think it's a nice idea - the Universal Worship - but it sounds like you are saying all the prophets and religions are equal. I still think my religion is the best but support the idea od coming together to worship. Is there room in the Universal Worship for someone like me?"
29) "I always thought that Sufis were Moslems. You seem to be saying something different. Do you have to be Moslim to join your group?"
30) "I never heard of the Sufi Order before. How do we know that you are not one of theose new cults which are always in the newspapers?"